Sunday 9 January 2011

My Favourite Perfumes

I love love LOVE perfumes! But unfortunately, I'm quite rubbish at detecting the many different "notes" in them, so I'm going to do my best! As I have so many favourites, I've divided them into three groups:


D&G - 3 L'Impératrice
Dolce & Gabbana - Rose The One
Valentino - Rock 'n' Rose
Dior - Miss Dior Cherie

These are THE FRESH FLORALS. They all have quite sweet, light, airy and obviously floral scents to them. D&G 3 is in my opinion very fresh and sweet which I love to put on straight after showering as a daytime perfume because it makes me feel and smell lovely and clean. Dolce & Gabbana Rose The One smells (obviously) like roses but has a strong base of vanilla to it which is a gorgeous day or night scent. Valentino's Rock 'n' Rose has more of a Rosy-musky smell to it which is lovely for the night. I can't put my finger on what Miss Dior Cherie smells like but the Boots website describes it as "all the charm of Dior in a fruity chypre fragrance. A fresh floral fragrance that dazzles with joie de vivre", which makes no sense to me but sounds cool! It is a little bit musky so I would wear it as a day or night fragrance.



Armani - Diamonds
Calvin Klein - Euphoria
Giorgio Armani - Armani Code

These are THE STRONG FLORALS. They're all fragrances that I'd wear in the evening/night because they have quite strong scents. Armani Diamonds is a floral vanilla based fragrance which is very distinctive. I can always tell when someone's wearing this perfume. Armani Code is similarly a strong oriental floral fragrance perfect for wearing on a night out. Calvin Clein Euphoria is a love or hate. I know lots of people who don't like it because it's too strong but I love it! It has a delicious and sexy floral scent with black orchid as the "heart note" (according to www.theperfumeshop.com).




Chanel - Allure
Gucci - Envy
Dolce & Gabbana - The One
Paco Rabanne - Lady Million

These are THE WARM FLORALS. Dolce & Gabbana The One is probably one of my favourites out of the favourites (if that makes any sense at all!). I absolutely adore it! It smells gorgeous and I've never ever come across anything at all that smells anything like it. I can definitely pick up a vanilla base in it and some jasmine floral scents. The perfect word to sum up this fragrance is warm. Chanel Allure is lovely and floral with more vanilla tones (I feel like everything seems to have vanilla in it!) and it smells really rich on the skin. Lady Million is a flamboyant floral fragrance which is perfect for the evening and just a really glamorous perfume. Lastly, Gucci Envy is a spicy musky fragrance which I tend to wear in the daytime.

I specifically like the bottles for Miss Dior Cherie, the Rock 'n' Rose and Lady Million. MDC is very girly and cute with the bow on the lid and the Rock 'n' Rose bottle is probably the reason I was drawn to it at first. It's very sexy with the black lace and the black rose. The Lady Million bottle is very unique- in the shape of a jewel with a large gold lid.

Let me know of your favourite perfumes. I'm always willing to add more to my collection :)

Keep smelling gorgeous!

Miss. S.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment